Friday, April 29, 2016

Dry Skin, Lotion, Birch Box & More!

I'm sorry. This is a wimpy post. At least at the beginning anyways. It isn't that I'm out of things to talk about; really, I have a lot more to say to you. It's just that I expect the next month to pick up the pace a bit and there may or may not be some heavy things to write about. So out with April and into May with a pathetic writing escapade. 
Y’all (yes, I say y’all) I have dryer than dry skin. It flakes, it peels, and it cracks. It feels gritty and gross. Just ask my maid of honor about the time I used one of those Clean & Clear Oil absorbing sheets. I wiped that silky sheet all over my face, multiple times. Nothing came off, zilch, nada, negative, zero - it’s one of those things you don’t believe until you see - I totally get it, but it’s true!
I’ve read a few blogs here and there about products and the last thing I want SGH to turn into is a lip-stick adventurer, blush explorer, lotion hoarding, (I am totally a lotion hoarder), nail polish tester,  product reviewing, links everywhere blog. Don’t get me wrong, I like those blogs too!
Lotion hoarding is appropriate though, it directly relates to my medical issues; hypothyroidism and Sjogren’s syndrome to name a few.
What do you readers with dry skin use? Any suggestions, thoughts, lifesavers, tips?
I could probably just end the blog here.... Your thoughts are appreciated greatly!
In the meantime, I will mention two lotions that I have grown to like.

It's cute though, right? #origins




1. Origins Ginger Soufflé

I like this lotion, I love the smell, but I do find it a tad bit oily. This could be that my skin is so dry I am just not accustomed to any natural oils or otherwise. I really love anything ginger though! The whole set is really lovely - the oil spray is pretty light too - sometimes I actually prefer it over the lotion itself!






Because I'm weird and took a bad
photograph of my lotion...


2. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream &  Lotion

A dermatologist recommended CeraVe cream to me about 5 years ago. It definitely helps! But I feel like nothing zaps the itchiness completely and that is what I’m hoping for. I’d also love to try the CeraVe suntan lotion I’ve seen in stores. It is all pricey but probably worth it for sensitive skin issues!



Fun! Rifle Paper Co. was giving away
free "Notes" books in this box! 


Another idea I’ve bought into recently (I know, I’m behind the curve) is Birch Box. It’s nice that you can fill out your preferences, skin type etc. So far, my first box included some pretty awesome hair conditioner and leave in conditioner (I also have dry hair). I won’t complain about this however, because it allows me to go 5 days without washing it. Sometimes I can even get a workout in without washing my hair! (GROSS!) I love that part.



That is all I have for this week. We will call this "lazy blog week". I have a number of ideas to post and blogs I’ve been working on, but we are coming up on my next visit to the Reproductive Endocrinologist – I can’t believe the three months are almost up! I began this blog about three months ago! Thanks for joining this ride :-)
The next post you see from me will be about Aaron, my husband, and our story regarding our first conversation about children. If all goes as planned, I will be at the doctors the second full week of May. I won’t promise I’ll be able to write about what they tell me then, but I hope to, regardless of the outcome. Over the next two weeks, can I ask you to pray with me? To calm my nerves, to give wisdom to the doctors, for peace in decisions, and clarity for next steps?
Thank you for reading about my story thus far, I truly appreciate your texts, comments, and emails.
-Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment